AW: AW: Ebbedded connection timeout error

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Nov 12 12:06:51 CST 2003

on 11/12/03 12:01 PM, Florian Bogeschdorfer at fb at memedia.de wrote:

>> We will think about filtering
>>
> OK, but what can I take for an unlimited connection now?

Florian,

Igor say that TCP/IP from client DO NOT have unlimited.

You can simply set set big value if you need that.
For example,
    on connect we use now  5 seconds
    for SQL query 60 seconds.

Note, that Vdatabase Xtra have now

    setResponseTimeOut object me, integer intimeOut

Handler.

Using this handler you can change default timeout for your db connection.
For example, if you know that SQL query will take 10 minutes,
You can set timeout to 15 minutes before call it.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com