Newbie alert - Need to discover why Failing to Create Database File. V4RB 1.9.8 RB 5.2.2 OS-X.3

Mike Dodd doddme at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 8 16:04:02 CST 2003

I have a project I started under 5.2 RB and 1.9.7 Valentina V4RB and OS-X.2.
I had been working on the user interface for quite some time and used the
same database that I created earlier in my development, I called the most
recent TODO10.   I had not been making database related changes so this
version suited me.

Today I made some slight change to the database structure and of course now
I have to create a new database to store that structure.   Well, It failed.

I rolled back to a version of my RB code I saved just before making the
structure changes and just to verify that everything was okay I tried
creating a new database with the old structure - to my surprise - It Failed
Too.   So now I wonder, what the heck is going on?  I didn't make any
changes that should have prevented my database from being created, except
change the Operating System, the version of the compiler I'm using and the
Plug-In for the database I'm using.  Hmmm, now to figure out if it's related
to any of that, or is there some silly little coding issue involved.

Any ideas?  I am really pretty badly stumped here.  I cannot move on my
development until I can change the structure of the Valentina database.

What I would like to see are some Error Messages.  I'm used to
administrating an Oracle database and though the Oracle messages are a
little vague sometimes, they can at least start you looking somewhere.   I
see the result for creating a database is a boolean - it either did it, or
it didn't, surely somewhere there are more clues than that, I just need a
gentle point in the right direction.

Thank you for any help.