[V4MD] index & update

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Wed Nov 5 15:27:52 CST 2003

At 15:14 05.11.2003, you wrote:
> > How can this be?
>
>This have happens once?

no, a couple of times. a client works with the db and enters
data on a daily basis, he was totally scared when he discovered
that after record 65, when clicking "next" he got record 70
and he thought the other records were lost somehow. but
then he found them where he didn't expect them...very confusing
for non-computer people :-(

> > 2. Updating fields with "" empty string
> > When I update a field in a record with an empty string "",
> > the record does not get updated, using "UPDATE" SQL with binded
> > values. Do the fields have to be nullable and the value in
> > the binded list NULL ? Why can't the empty string overwrite
> > what's in the field?
>
>Hmm, this can be a bug.

so is there a workaround, or can you check the Xtra?
otherwise I'd have to read the whole record, delete it and
re-insert with new values. not good.

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Need music? http://www.selling-sound.com

Like the author? Buy the book at:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3898422194/lingmmugd

Get your daily dose of Lingo at the LingoPark:
http://www.lingopark.de