What could possibly causing kOBL_ExepectedBONotFound (exception code 524)...

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Nov 3 21:25:57 CST 2003

on 11/3/03 18:22, Srinivas Yalamarti at syalamar at fiberlink.com wrote:

Hi Srinivas,

> I have the following sequence of code that gets executed from a secondary
> thread in my application.
>
>           CreateDB()
>           CloseDB()
>
>           OpenDB()
>
> The OpenDB() is causing a kOBL_ExepectedBONotFound (exception code 524).
> What could be possibly causing it.
>
> The same piece of code works fine when executed from main thread.

There is only one place in Valentina kernel where this error code is thrown:

------------------------
void VDK_DataBase::Create_VDK_BaseObjects( void )
{
    OBL_BaseObject* pOBL_BaseObject;
    VDK_BaseObject* pVDKobject;

    // FBL have create internal BaseObjects and their fields,
    // so we must set pointers of VDK C++ objects to the FBL objects,
    // i.e link VDK wrapper to OBL kernel.

    // Note: this loop is for static domain only.
    // so objects created from database are coresponded to the objects
    // created by C++ developer, we get them from mObjects array.
    ulong Objects = mObjects.GetCount();
    for( ulong i = 1; i <= Objects ; i++ )
    {
        VDK_BaseObject* theBaseObject = GetBaseObject( i );
        const char*     theName       = theBaseObject->GetName();

        theBaseObject->mObjectImp =  mDataBaseImp->GetBaseObject(
(char*)theName );
        if( theBaseObject->mObjectImp == NULL ) // object not found in
database.
            throw xOBL_ExpectedBONotFound();

This means that C++ objects DO NOT mirror objects stored in vdb disc file.

Do you have own MyDatabase class?
I think yes.

Hmm, I do not see from above your example how you can get this problem.

Again, it means that you have C++ objects DIFFERENT from stored in db.
For example you have CREATE db, then stop app. Then modify C++ classes,
And try to open old db with NEW classes.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com