Method syntax for a composite pointer index

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Nov 3 09:08:20 CST 2003

on 11/3/03 7:16, chuck hinkle at chuckbo at hinkles.us wrote:

>> fldComposite = new vULLong( "Composite",
>>                            "(Component_ptr << 16) + Container_ptr",
>>                            kV_Indexed + kv_Unique )
>>
>> I think this should work.
>

> I've been trying to implement this code this evening but have not been able
> to figure it out. (I'm really not trying to avoid the documentation; if you
> want to point me to a particular section or page, that's fine.)
>

> In my baseobject's constructor, I have this code.
>
> fldComposite = new vULLong( "Composite", "(Component_ptr << 16) +
> Container_ptr", kV_Indexed + kv_Unique )
>
> I also added a property fldComposite as vULLong to the baseobject's
> properties. But when I try to run the the program, this line gives me the
> error:
>

> "New operator has incorrect number of parameters for constructor, or the
> parameters might be in the wrong order"
>

> I get the same error if I leave out the kV_Indexed + kv_Unique flag. I get
> the same error if I move the method description behind the flags.

Hi Chuck,

I am checking docs.
Aha, I was not correct.
We have next constructors:

    VULLong(inName as String)
    VULLong(inName as String, inFlags as integer)

This means that above code must be changed as:

    fldComposite = new vULLong( "Composite", kV_Indexed + kv_Unique )
    fldComposite.SetMethod( "(Component_ptr << 16) + Container_ptr" )

You do not touch isMethod property.
It is READ ONLY.
It will become TRUE after cal SetMethod().

Also, it seems you do not look into V4RBReference.pdf.
This is only important PDF for V4RB developers.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com