[VSRV] Binding database 'x' :Failed

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu May 29 13:40:20 CDT 2003

on 5/29/03 12:34 PM, Fred.Stephenson at Fred.Stephenson at wanadoo.fr wrote:

> When trying to register a database on the Mac
> 1. the docs are wrong register doesn't require a boolean
> 2. when trying register a database using :
> "server.registerdatabase "databasex",thepath"
> I get the log message
> " binding database 'databasex': FAILED
> ERROR #-43
> client has suddenly disconnected"
>
> RB IDE crashes

I have think more.
This really should be FullPath to database.

Why?

Because we remotely admin Vserver.
We have some db on remote server and we want register it with Vserver.
You need send from your Client the Full Path of that db on server.

And note. For OS X Server this should be UNIX path,
    i.e. It must looks as "/Users/rz/db/mydb.vdb

    not as  "OS X:Users:rz:db:mydb.vdb"

Check that you really send UNIX path.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com