[ANN] Vserver, V4RB_Client, V4MD_Client 2a10 uploaded. For MAC

Keith DeLong delong at redcort.com
Tue May 27 21:06:13 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan,

> You can start to use this products.
>
> Please download also V4RBReference.pdf and Vserver.pdf
> I have update this docs.
> V4RBReference.pdf now contains description of 3 new classes.
>
> * you need to kill master db and create new with a10
>
> * Now ini file has PORT parameter.
>   and Vdatabase() also has this parameter.

I spent a little time with 2a10 this evening.

The port parameter on vDatabase is shown as optional. An in fact in the
sample app the the optional port parameter is omitted. The problem is that
port for vServer is set to Port=5432 in the ini and yet the database
successfully connects.

If the optional parameter is omitted, which server would get a connection if
2 vServers are running on a host with separate port settings?

If the Vserver ini sets a specific port, shouldn't a connection failure
occur if the client calls the host without a port?

Thanks,

Keith DeLong