[V4RB] design of future pluign

Totte Alm totte at code66.se
Thu May 22 19:24:26 CDT 2003

> Yes, exactly. We are going to have such keyed server that will work
> for some
> app only. (I just don't know yet if this is possible for services.)

Good.

>> I think this could be a good solution, as you would make many
>> developers start to think "multi user" with single user development,
>> and it will be VERY easy to just upgrade to a server that supports
>> more
>> connections (from the SAME app of cause).
>>
>> Just thoughts, but I'm trying to find a way to distribute an app (like
>> Znippetizer-X for example), where the user has a single user setup,
>> and
>> can just connect to esellerate for example, pay for a 10 user server,
>> and boom, they can now run multiple users.
>
> What is esellerate ?

A system from MindVision for online purchase that looks good. I use it
for one app. It generates keyed serialnumbers and you can purchase from
within you app, and get serialnumbers installed right when you pay.

They have a backend system that handles quite complicated ways of
splitting sales.

look it up at: http://www.esellerate.net/

>> Payment btw:
>> You should have an easy way for developers to upgrade users licenses,
>> like on esellerate (and others), where a product that is for example a
>> 100 user license of "the next cool app someone here makes", will
>> automatically be registered, and Ruslan gets his share of the money,
>> and the developer his/hers share, without a bunch of transactions (and
>> waiting for the customer).
>
> You have ideas how to do this?
> I think we need have many different options so developer can choose
> the best
> for him.

// Totte