[V4RB] Hight ASCII value in virtual field method (was Re: [V4RB] -39 Error)

Francois Van Lerberghe fvanlerberghe at freegates.be
Wed May 21 16:03:36 CDT 2003

le 21-05-03 10:05, Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> a écrit :

> on 5/21/03 9:57 AM, Francois Van Lerberghe at fvanlerberghe at freegates.be
> wrote:
>
>>> You mean that EACH Text field, do not convert its value ???
>>> I am sure it do convert it, as well as String and VarChar.
>>> A lots of Valentina for Director developers use this feature.
>>> They make db on one platform and read it on any platform.
>>
>> Ah ????
>>
>>> You need double check, why you think so.
>>
>> I'll check this again.
>
> May be language not correct?

I have checked and I see you are right.

The chars conversion is correct with V4RB 1.9. I had kept the problem in
mind since 1.8 but I've not paid attention this has changed.
But the carriage linefeed is not converted.
Thus if we store in Mac :
  line 1[CHR(13)]
  line 2

In Windows, this is displayed as :
  line 1[CHR(13)]line 2

and not
  line 1[CHR(13)CHR(10)]
  line 2

Is it my job ? Must I do filter to only store CHR(13) and replace these
according to the OS ? But what if other software want to access data ?

Thank you.

François Van Lerberghe
Thier Monty, 15A
B-4570 Marchin