[V4RB] -39 Error...gone

Francois Van Lerberghe fvanlerberghe at freegates.be
Wed May 21 16:02:40 CDT 2003

Ruslan,

Good news, nothing to send to you.
I'm not able to reproduce the error anymore.

My mistake :

I change the db structure. But in the bo constructor, I modify the wrong
string field in table A.

In the same time, in this upgrade of my software, I use V4RB 1.9.8b6.
Testing the new version of my software, no error is raised during opening,
but strange crash on a vCrusor.UpdateAll command, vCursor containing field
of table B.
Testing with the old V4RB 1.8.10, all seems OK : no more crash on this
vCursor.UpdateAll.
Thus I've compiled with V4RB 1.8.10.

Now, trying to use the Mac db on Windows OS, I've corrupted fields (error
-39) on table C.

This afternoon, attempting to send you demonstrative db, I double check all,
replace the V4RB plug-in with the newest 1.9.8b6, compile again and... no
more error.
With the 1.9.8b6 plug-in and a good constructor, all the problems are gone
(no more crash on vCursor.UpdateAll).

I've not figured that mistake in table A constructor can produce bug using
table B and C. Good lesson for me...

I apologize to have spend your time and thank you again for your support
that help me to find this.

François Van Lerberghe
Thier Monty, 15A
B-4570 Marchin