VSDK_Client for project builder

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed May 21 09:21:24 CDT 2003

on 5/21/03 1:01 AM, Stéphane Pinel at spinel at exenevex.com wrote:

> Le mardi, 20 mai 2003, à 22:51 Europe/Paris, Ruslan Zasukhin a écrit :
>
>> 3) there is no any problems for us, to make
>>         "Valentina C SDK Client"
>>

> That's just what I want. Since actual VCSDK is a very well API (even if
> this is a wrapper of the C++ API), that's OK for me ;-)

Yes Stéphane,

You will get "C SDK Client". No problems here.

-------
I just did want explain DEEP points of Valentina.

The fact that our low level CLIENT is made on C++ has advantages and
disadvantages.

Adv:

* since our main C++ SDK and Valentina self was on C++, we was need CLIENT
to be C++ also.

* our client has features that mySQL do not have. But I think e.g. 4D have
on protocol level.

Disadv:

* C language is more portable. In theory and in practice it can be compiled
on more platforms, by more compilers and by more people.

--------
Note, that in fact it is possible to write CLIENT from scratch on any
language which can talk to socket. For example, JDBC driver 4, will be
totally rewritten in Java. JDBC driver will simply talk via socket to server
using our protocol. The same, in principle, can be made with REALbasic, or
MetaCard. Then they self will play role of LOW LEVEL clients.

And of course the same is possible for C language. Rewrite client on C,
which talk via sockets.

Right now we will make C SDK Client as wrapper of C++ SDK Client.
Yes, for you THERE IS NO difference.
Well, difference in only that now you will get LIBRARY from us,
Having low level C client, we can give you sources, which YOU CAN compile
self.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com