[ALL] let's think about Query Language for 2.0

john roberts jarobe01 at athena.louisville.edu
Tue May 20 20:08:16 CDT 2003

on 5/20/03 7:16 PM, Charles Yeomans at yeomans at desuetude.com wrote:

> I'm a little confused about point 4.2 -- does this have to do with
> support for models other than relational?

I took 4.2 to deal with intervals, end points of the intervals and
complements of intervals. Some simple examples to illustrate what I mean:

1)  find all items between f1 and f2
2)  find all items "equal" to f1 or f2
3)  find all items not between f1 and f2

Tackling these kind of problems in a "natural" fashion would be very nice.
Since they are really set problems, it would be nice to be able to union and
intersect them also. :)

John Roberts