VSDK_Client for project builder/VXCMD

Tuviah M Snyder diskot123 at juno.com
Tue May 20 08:07:31 CDT 2003

>I see many developers dream about such combo.
>It looks to me this will be unique feature for Valentina.
Yes but it's also useful to have a lightweight client version. Revolution
connects to databases by strings, so it should be possible to just
specify "VServer" in revOpenDataBase, and have it use the client version.

>2) for c++ 2.0 this problem will go away, because instead of VDK and
VDKC
>classes we will have single set of interface classes
>    I_Cursor
>    I_Database
>    I_Field
Great looks like it maps directly to the RevDB api:-) I would consider
simplifying even more and removing I_Field though and adding the I_Field
methods to I_Cursor (ie. ICursor->getFieldName()); I mean what happens if
the user has a reference to an I_Field and closes/delete the cursor?

When are you planning to release a client version of VXCMD?

Tuviah Snyder <tuviah at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought