[ALL] let's think about Query Language for 2.0

john roberts jarobe01 at insightbb.com
Sat May 17 23:33:23 CDT 2003

on 5/16/03 10:51 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin at sunshine at public.kherson.ua wrote:

> Open your mind, and let's dream together.

OK. You asked ... :)

> Assume you work with Table Person.
> What classes/functions you need to describe simple single table query?
>
> Query = NodeEqual( Person.fldName, "Bill" )
> Query.AndNode( NodeEqual( Person.LastName, "Gates") )
> QueryResult = Query.Execute()

If I am following you, here are some ideas.

You need NodeEqual and NodeNotEqual as well as the comparatives
NodeLessThan, NodeLessThanOrEqual, NodeGreaterThan, NodeGreaterThanOrEqual.

Along with the AndNode it would be nice to have both an OrNode and an
ExclusiveOrNode.

It would also be nice to have a way to build a ResultList of fields to limit
the data being returned. This might be better handled via a list of nodes so
that order could be specified and guaranteed.

Keeping with your tree analogy, can we build query trees and compose them
via and, or, etc ? That would be nice. :)

Am I close to what you are proposing ?

John Roberts