[ALL] let's think about Query Language for 2.0

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri May 16 23:41:37 CDT 2003

on 5/16/03 11:26 PM, Claudius Sailer at Claudius at sailer-online.de wrote:

Hi Claudius,

> Am Freitag, 16.05.03 um 16:51 Uhr schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:
>
>> Developer should be able, if he want, do work without SQL at all.
>> This can be for many simple dbs, or for network navigational model,
>> Or just to be faster to avoid SQL overhead....
>
> when I am understanding correct to use SQL will be available and I can
> choose what I want?

Yes.

Assume VSQL will be plugin of Valentina itself.
IF you do not want SQL, you remove this plugin from Valentina folder.

>> And API way should work faster, because no conversion of numeric
>> values to
>> sting, no SQL parser which should do huge job. Simple tasks should be
>> resolved by simple things.
>
> is this the reason because you can use Valentina-PlugIn-Code and not
> RB-Code?
>
> At the moment I would prefere SQL and possibly stored Procedures, but
> your idea is super. It gives a new possibility and several ways are
> alway a good thing :-))

Just on c++ level I will have this functionality IN ANY CASE.
Because SQL level simply is based on it.

So I think here, may be open it in some way for RB developers,
And other products also? Of course this will be many work for us, to add new
classes and functions.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com