[ALL] let's think about Query Language for 2.0

Richard Altenburg valentina at brainchild.nl
Fri May 16 19:02:35 CDT 2003

On 16-05-2003 16:51, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> Assume you work with Table Person.
> What classes/functions you need to describe simple single table query?
>
>   Query = NodeEqual( Person.fldName, "Bill" )
>   Query.AndNode( NodeEqual( Person.LastName, "Gates") )
>   QueryResult = Query.Execute()

This comes close to how the 4D language works. It doesn't work with SQL at
all (only if you really want to it does). Still it lets you perform great
queries with ease.

I told REAL Software a few times, and tell you now: look at how 4D got that
big, because it IS an awesome product.

When RB could do what 4D can with their database, together with the power of
Valentina we would have the killer environment we are waiting for.

Great that you are open to these ideas!