[V4RB] Copying one record to another Valentina DB

Richard Altenburg valentina at brainchild.nl
Fri May 16 11:05:58 CDT 2003

On 16-05-2003 10:09, "Wonder Fef" <wonderfef at noos.fr> wrote:

> To give more details, the first database contains the main data of my
> programm, and the second one runs like an archive.
> Let's call them 'maindata.vdb' and 'archive.vdb'
>
> All records deleted in the maindata.vdb are copied in the archive.vdb before
> being deleted.

After you are sure that all fields from the main db are also in the archive
db, you could export the records from the main db to a text file, and import
that into the archive db.

It depends on the nature of your db whether a text file suits you, but if it
does, this is a furiously fast operation. I sometimes import thousands of
records this way in about two seconds...