AW: [FIXED] [Win] Speed of dB Creation

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri May 16 10:37:41 CDT 2003

on 5/16/03 9:39 AM, Thomas Kaltschmidt at tkaltschmidt at gmx.de wrote:

Hi Thomas,

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> would like to test, but couldn't find a ZIP. Is there a way on Windows
> to decode .bin?

Yes, using Stuffit Expander. It is free.

> Have to wait then till Monday, i can access my G4 mac then..

Am I right that you work with RB windows IDE ?

Then you cannot use V4RB beta.
It needs convert it at first to new 5.0 format.

Guys, you can do this self, if download from REAL site "RB SDK".
It have plugin converter. Simple application, just run, and point V4RB.
It will convert it.
Although it works on MacOS only it seems.

> Is it correct that after your fix .flush generally don't write to disk
> on Windows??

Well, flush() put almost all information. Some porting still may be in
buffers.

I think I can find "gold middle".
1) all internal functions will call Flush( false ) to do it fast
2) Flush() calls from user (YOU) will do my Flush( true ), and make buffers
to be written to disk.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com