Presenter at Orange County Director User Group

Gordon Apple ga at ed4u.com
Thu May 15 12:54:52 CDT 2003

   Wow!  Sorry to hear about that.  Before the LAMG (Los Angeles Mac Group)
imploded, we used to have three presenters and sometimes ran to 10:30PM or
so.  When I headed the Developer SIG at LAMG, we would sometimes have a
presenter (like Bob Krause of NeoLogic) from northern California who would
have to get back to LAX for the last flight out at 10 PM,  we did everything
possible to get presenters out on time.

   Unfortunately, some groups think they are doing you a favor by letting
you present (and give away free software), rather that vice-versa.  I would
be torqued too.

  BTW, I would have come to the meeting if I had been in Redondo Beach
instead of Little Rock, Arkansas, and knew about it.  If you ever attempt
this fiasco again (maybe another group) let me know.  The SBAMUG meets about
a block from me and usually has a hundred or so attending, but is user
oriented and not developer oriented.

   WWDC anyone?  I plan to be there.

        Gordon

--