Presenter at Orange County Director User Group

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu May 15 10:52:17 CDT 2003

on 5/15/03 9:43 AM, Gunnar Swan at GunnarSwan at PracticeToPass.com wrote:

> Dear Sirs ...
>
> I volunteered to present Valentina database to the Orange County User Group
> meeting (Southern  California).
> I'm not an employee of Valentina ... in fact ... I'm a happy customer who was
> willing to drive 240 miles (400 KM ?).
> The round  trip drive took over 3 1/2 hours.
>
> I was to be the second presenter, starting at 9 pm and going to 10 pm.
> I was told at a break in the meeting that the first presenters ( a panel )
> were going over their alloted  time by some amount, and that the
> meeting was going to end 'this' at 9:30, reducing my alloted time from one
> hour ... to possibly 15 - 20  minutes.
> Two of the presenters had brand new babies (God Bless them) ... and were
> wanting to leave.
>
> When 9:27 came, this left me three minutes to talk about Valentina.
> There is nothing to say in 3 minutes about anything except the weather.  I
> decided to get an early start  on my 90 minute drive home.
>
> Needless to say ... you'll have to find someone else to talk about the
> Valentina database to that  unprofessional ... and rude ... group.
> Furthermore  the group is small and full of Flash developers. ... a group that
> are NOT likely to deal  with Valentina.

Terrible story, Gunnar.
I can image how angry and disappointed you are...

I think Steve should apologies to you for such great confuse with his group
meeting. And I think before invite somebody to meeting so far you, Steve,
was need:
1) study if this really interesting for members of your group.
2) give highest priority to person who have travel so far to make favor for
you.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com