[V4MD] Long Long

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed May 14 13:16:01 CDT 2003

on 5/14/03 10:56 AM, Giacomo Antonelli at giacomo at nativedreams.com wrote:

> I'm working on a historical CD-Rom, i have to write in my DB some events
> with their date, some of them ha as date -4.600.000.000 year ago, but if i
> use a Long field Valentina cut it to -460.000.000. I want to know what kind
> of field i have to use to record -4.600.000.000.

Okay, for such big values you really need Long Long 8 bytes.

And if you will use C++ or Java then no problems.
But REALbasic and Director are not able handle such big integers.

Or you want to say that in Director MX you can store

    v = -4.600.000.000

And director can show you this value in e.g. Debugger ?
Anybody can confirm this ?

IS this new feature of Director MX ?

As I know there was no new XDK for Xtra developers.
So I afraid I will not be able add this into Xtra for now.

Giacomo, I remember that REALbasic developers are able work with Long Long
field of Valentina using strings!

You need use SetString / GetString

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com