[V4RB] updating records ... where am i going wrong?

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Mon May 12 22:45:03 CDT 2003

Am Montag, 12.05.03 um 22:40 Uhr schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:

>> "
>> It's non-trivial for us to implement (probably 3 or 4 days) but it's a
>> reasonable request. So I would say, yes there is a good chance that we
>> will
>> eventually support this.
>
> Okay,
>
> 3-4 days is not so huge time.
> And feature is important.
> It seems I have see some possible limits without it for usage of huge
> dbs...

I hope they will do something with RB 5.2 but with my experiences in
the past this is a dream. At the moment I can life without long long,
but not so long. Until I use double where I normally would like to use
long long. At the moment it is a hard limitation. It would be a good
thing to get this RB feature at the same time as I will get V4RB 2.0
because than I could transfer my application in one step to a new
"century" ;-))

I hope some other people supports the request and asks more often, so
that they decide to realize it soon :-))

bye

Claudius