Unicode. Supported platforms

jda jda at his.com
Mon May 12 09:28:23 CDT 2003

>Can I still safely sell my shareware to MacOS 9 customers in that case, by
>giving them the Carbon compile of my RB app?
>
>I still develop on my trusted MacOS 9 G4 with RB 4.5.3 and will not update
>this setup until after the first release of my scheduled projects. I have no
>time to mess around with updates. But I watch the development of Valentina
>and RB as closely as possible because I need them both...

I don't know. I just forced my Carbon app to run in Classic, and it
crashed when building a listbox with unicode characters (no more info
-- just a frozen screen. Gosh, I've lived in X for so long I forgot
how annoying OS 9 can be!). I think you'll just have to try it and
see (you can of course use the RB 5.1 for 30 days to build your app
as Carbon).

Jon