Unicode. Supported platforms

jda jda at his.com
Mon May 12 08:49:15 CDT 2003

>Hi guys,
>
>I have look into REALbasic docs, and I see
>
>>  Encoding in
>>  Under Carbon/Mac OS X, EditFields store all text internally in
>>Unicode, which
>>  is able
>>  to represent a mixture of fonts from different writing systems.
>
>So REALbasic support Unicode only on MacOS X for Carbon target.
>There is no need to support Unicode on classic then.

I didn't look at this carefully, but with RB 5 (not 5.1) when I tried
using unicode in Classic I got a fatal WASTE error. That, along with
the fact that my own Pascal code uses CFString Unicode routines
(which don't seem to work in Classic, either), will lead me to drop
Classic when Valentina finally supports Unicode.

Jon