[V4RB - v1.9.7] is this a bug?

Pedro fp lists at pedro.Net.au
Mon May 12 18:35:09 CDT 2003

[bringing this back to the list as my latest post there was received OK]

On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 04:31  AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> you mean in Cursor.GetField() ?

The typecasting method vCursor.mediumField() is the one I mean. The
docs say that it [like all the other typecasting methods of vCursor]
accepts index As integer or name As string however it only seems to be
accepting index for me.

> may be you have 2 fields with the same name?
> try reproduce on simple example.

This is a very simple project, only 6 fields, no name duplication &
this one is the only medium [all others are doubles].

The project works as is, using the typecasting methods with index, &
once I'm happy with the database I'll be ditching this project because
the database is simply a lookup table for use in other projects.

FYI ... importing the data using vCursor.importText takes 11.63 seconds
for 98 955 records of 6 numeric fields. I think that's pretty
impressive performance, thanks Ruslan :)

For interest of others ... This DB is a table of moon phases from 2000
BC to 6000 AD. If others are interested I plan to release the DB with
classes for accessing it once I'm done. The data can be reduced if the
entire dataset isn't needed. Other users just need to provide their own
Valentina serial naturally.

> On Sunday, May 11, 2003, at 04:31 PM, Pedro fp wrote:
>
>> G'day Ruslan
>>
>> I posted the message below to the list yesterday but haven't seen it
>> appear there so I'm sending again directly to you just in case it is
>> a genuine bug ...
>>
>> I just found vMedium that doesn't seem to accept name as an
>> identifier so you have to pass the index instead? All other field
>> types that I'm using in the project of the moment accept the field
>> name but not vMedium.

Cheers, Pedro :-)

Web: <http://www.pedro.net.au>                    PGP Key ID: 387CD96F
Instant messaging...  AIM: bandidoOfOz  ICQ: 27671678  Jabber: pedrofp
                       MSN: mail at pedro.net.au           Yahoo: pedro_fp
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I
ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist."
                                           Dom Helder Camera