[OFF] switching to Mail.app

Pedro fp lists at pedro.Net.au
Sun May 11 23:18:59 CDT 2003

G'day Ruslan

On Sunday, May 11, 2003, at 10:28  PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> I have setup at last of end Mail.app a little,
> and work now with it, but I still have few small problems
>
> 1) I'd like import old letters for Entourage, but this probably will
> take 20-30 hours.
> and what bad is that Mail hang after 15-20 minutes of work...
> does exists way do it faster?

Perhaps mail databases should be powered by Valentina :) ... AFAIK
there's no faster way.

> 2) it seems there is no way import contacts from Entourage, yes?

Importing contacts is to Address Book rather than Mail.app & requires
first exporting from Entourage & then importing into Address Book.
There's no automated way that I know of but since I did it myself I've
learned that a very easy way to do it is to drag all contacts from
Entourage to a Finder folder where they'll appear as Vcard files. Then
just drag them all into Address Book.

> 3) I have use few sounds that are located in old MacOS 9 system folder.
> I have see that OS X use now .aiff format for sound.
> How I can convert old sounds to this new format?

If you have a QuickTime Pro license that will convert them nicely.

Cheers, Pedro :-)

Web: <http://www.pedro.net.au>                    PGP Key ID: 387CD96F
Instant messaging...  AIM: bandidoOfOz  ICQ: 27671678  Jabber: pedrofp
                       MSN: mail at pedro.net.au           Yahoo: pedro_fp
"There are three sides to any story;
one side, the other side and the truth"
                          origin unknown