Basic questions

Richard Altenburg valentina at brainchild.nl
Sat May 10 09:56:05 CDT 2003

On 10-05-2003 09:29, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> In fact, in Valentina 1.x very big cache may fallback speed.
> I think 20-30MB is more then enough for 1.x.

I store thousands of pictures in the database, and having a bigger cache is
working there (or do the BLOBs never come from cache? I think I noticed
better performance, but not sure). Also, having hundreds of thousands of
newsgroup names in my database, it is faster when I use a big cache.

> In Valentina 2.0 we have fix this problem.
> As I have told, for 2.0 internal file system and cache works 100-300 times
> faster.
> Once again, one test with old cache have take about 2 hours,
> With new cache only about 15 seconds.

This is great news for me, because my application uses so much records. I
look forward to using it. Version 1 of my program must be out within 8
weeks, so now I'll use 1.x first.

Will 2.0 still run with RB under MacOS 9? I must continue to support my
Classic-clients, you know. Also the MacOS X and Windows XP clients are
important to me.

--

o PicturePatrol, your private news squad device o