Basic questions

Richard Altenburg valentina at brainchild.nl
Sat May 10 09:51:03 CDT 2003

On 10-05-2003 09:37, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

>> Any help will be appreciated. I am really leaning towards 4D for this, but
>> would love a good reason to use Valentina.
>
> I think you can search list archive of Valentina list and REALbasic list.
> There was several letters from good 4D experts that have switch to RB +
> Valentina combo.
>
> They did give different reasons why.
>
> For example I recall, one have told that he love Object-Oriented language of
> RB and OO design of Valentina for RB, comparing to procedural language of
> 4D.

Yes, I feel this too. I was tired of typing procedures in 4D after 10 years,
and I also liked the way Valentina works in this OO-environment. The two are
great together, and I was able to put thousands of records in it after just
an hour or two. So switching from 4D, with proper database knowledge, is
really simple. And writing RB software is much more fun, too.

But, as I said, working on large scale projects, like in my daytime job, I
would not (yet) choose RB/Valentina over 4D. I think RB is too buggy, and
having transactions, multi-user setups and an integrated language are very
good reasons to go for 4D in such environments...