Basic questions

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat May 10 10:37:03 CDT 2003

on 5/10/03 5:16 AM, Kem Tekinay at ktekinay at mactechnologies.com wrote:

> I'm about to start what I think will turn into a large project and I am
> tossed between using 4D 2003 or the RB/Valentina combo. I already know the
> advantages and disadvantages of 4D (although I can't find 4D 2003's record
> limit; anyone know if it's still 16 mil?) and REALbasic. What I need is the
> answers to some basic questions about Valentina and I hope this is the right
> forum for that.
>
> SPEED
> =====
> The benchmarks page hasn't been updated in a while. Do the numbers still
> hold true with 4D 2003? Have more recent tests been performed?

There was no direct tests, but indirectly...
Have 4D claim that 4D 2003 is e.g. 10 times faster on search/sort
than 4D 6.7?

> Any help will be appreciated. I am really leaning towards 4D for this, but
> would love a good reason to use Valentina.

I think you can search list archive of Valentina list and REALbasic list.
There was several letters from good 4D experts that have switch to RB +
Valentina combo.

They did give different reasons why.

For example I recall, one have told that he love Object-Oriented language of
RB and OO design of Valentina for RB, comparing to procedural language of
4D.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com