Valentina for Visual Basic

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue May 6 22:15:05 CDT 2003

on 5/4/03 6:24 PM, Maxium Developments at support at maxium.com wrote:

>>> After downloading the VisualBasic demo, I receive the following error while
>>> launching the demos.  Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> "Run Time Error 91:  Object variable or With block variable not set"
>>>
>>> I did register the DLL as outlined in the Readme.
>>
>> Hmm, usually no such problems.
>>
>> Please give more info:
>> -- What version of OS?
>> -- VCOM version?
>> -- Visual BASIC version?
>> -- Does VB see Valentina plugin? This is true, if VB show Valentina commands
>> in the Intelligence menu...
>>
>> -- so problem happens during compilation, or you can run project, do
>> something, but some operation fail at runtime?
>>

> Thank you for the quick reply.  We are using:
>
> Windows 98
> VCOM 1.9.7
> VisualBasic 6 Pro, SP5
>
> I registered the DLL, but do not know what you mean by "seeing the plugin."
> Can you provide more detail here.  I have never seen an "intelligence menu"
> in VB.
>
> The problem happens when running the project in the debugger.
>
> Thank you for your support, we are hoping this will be the solution that it
> appears to be!
>
> Blair Hope

Hi Blair,

I think it works correctly.
I was able reproduce this error 91.
In fact it means that you do not correct steps in this example.

Please try do next steps:

1) run example

2) choose File->New and save db somewhere

3) now choose menu Test -> Add 10,000
    this will add 10,000 records to your database,
    and will display first of them

4) now you can press buttons Next/Prev to navigate records.

5) close database

NOTE: now if you try click e.g. First button, you will get error 91.
    because there is no opened database.

Blair, just this examples do not have enough protections from wrong steps.
I hope this is not big problem? In your app you of course can do whatever
you want.

Let me know if this works for you.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com