More crash info.

Zav - Alex Zavatone zavpublic at mac.com
Mon May 5 14:32:38 CDT 2003

>on 5/5/03 10:53 PM, Gunnar Swan at GunnarSwan at practicetopass.com wrote:
>

>>  Well ... at least the Valentina on Mac and Director MX has been
>>eliminated as
>>  the source.
>>
>>  I do agree with Zav. When I started with Valentina, I too got many crashes.
>>  Director programmers are welcome to look at the example at the URL. I'll
>>  update this as time allows.
>>  It shows ...
>>
>>  * Creating database
>>  * Initializing the core database engine
>>  * Opening multiple databases.
>>  * Closing databases
>>  * Dropping core database engine.
>>
>>  * It also shows use of Ancestor property and using Director Lists to store
>>  object instances. Valentina is 'encapsulated' by the scripts.

>Hi Gunnar,
>
>I will add link to this URL from V4MD download page, okay?
>
>So is this basic example,
>Or this is advantage example?

Ruslan, I have talked with Gunnar about providing 3 examples.
1) Super simple get up and running in Valentina.  No globals, just handlers.
2) Basic get up and running with globals and 1 database and table
3) General Object Oriented example of #2

My goal here is to provide a bare bones set of examples relative to
the differing skill levels of those attempting to use Valentina.

I hope we will be able to provide these to help new director users
get up and running.  By up and running, I mean 1) create a database
and structure, 2) add records and 3) retrieve records.

Nothing else but the basics.
--
- Zav
Kid tested. Mother Approved.