Vcom and lan II

Luciano Bellini l.bellini at softlabpaghe.it
Mon May 5 12:32:06 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: <valentina-request at lists.macserve.net>
To: <valentina at lists.macserve.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2003 7:00 PM
Subject: Valentina Digest, Vol 5, Issue 9

> on 5/4/03 3:05 PM, Luciano Bellini at l.bellini at softlabpaghe.it wrote:
>
> > Dear Sirs,
> > a program vritten in VB6 based on VCOM - environment: LAN WINDOWS NT
> > The first client works OK but when try to open the database from a
second
> > client
> > i obtain:  - 2145517536 (800 and 0020)
> > How can i open a database in SHARABLE mode ?
>
> Hi Luciano,
>
> 1) actually Valentina do NOT allow open db file in shared mode.
>
> 2) well, in one exception -- if you mark db files as ReadOnly.
>     then each client will be able read info and do not conflict with other
> clients.
>
> 3) If you need read/write then you can
> A) use open/close trick
> b) wait a little more and start to use Valentina Server with VCOM Client.
>

> --
> Best regards,
> e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com
> web: http://www.paradigmasoft.com

Hi Ruslan,

Thank you for your fast reply; i will try to open/close the database using
semaphores but i think time to connect/disconnect maybe too heavy...

Can I have a beta-release of your valentina server ?
(since I use database in an ultra-semplified mode and maybe all runs ok for
my purpose)

Best regards.
Luciano Bellini