[V4RB] DELETE and Index Corruption

Richard Altenburg valentina at brainchild.nl
Mon May 5 07:54:48 CDT 2003

On 04-05-2003 21:43, "Frank Schima" <frank-list at mindstarprods.com> wrote:

> Now when I query that table with a simple SELECT * FROM myTable, I get
> the record. But when I query that record as follows:
>
>   SELECT * FROM myTable WHERE ObjectPtrField = 1234
>
> I get the correct number of columns returned, but no rows! Now it gets
> really weird. If I put quotes around the value like so:
>
>   SELECT * FROM myTable WHERE ObjectPtrField = "1234"
>
> Then it works!!

Looks like the problems I had when working woth large tables too (hundreds
of thousands of records), where I had to put quotes around key values to
retrieve records.

My current solution is to reindex at some key points in my software. That
takes some time but is better then having the troubles you describe.