you hate my life. More crashes.

Zav - Alex Zavatone zavpublic at mac.com
Sun May 4 17:00:55 CDT 2003

>Zav ... have you not written articles on Director ?
>
>I assume the code snippets have created the databases correct ?
>
>Next, I will show how to populate database correct.
>
>Again ... we get zero ... none ... nada ... support calls about
>Valentina. Valentina for us is rock solid.
>
>Databases are beasts. More than one programmer has commited suicide
>over database failures.
>Being so 'despondent' and depressed is only a part of our rigorous
>'hazing' and initiation !!
>
>After being despondent ... comes reality ... it's worse than imagined !!

Well, at least I have something to look forwards to.  It's like being
undead right?

>I am working on a movie that will step through Valentina.
>
>(1) Did the scripts work ?

Your scripts helped me mod my own to actually create the database.
I am currently narrowing down "why the hell does this thing crash on
me every 25 minutes and who do I have to kill to make it not crash"
and will now attempt to actually read the one record that I hope to
have written to the database.  Not bad for 4 weekends of work huh?

>(2) Can your Mac - Director MX run a Win - Director 8.5 movie ?

Yes.  I have my Macromedia's DMX complimentary copy for beating the
beta of DMX to a bloody pulp.

Can you feel the love in this email?  I mean, can you REALLY feel it?

>The next scripts I send ( inside a movie) will take advantge of the
>database we created.
>
>I'll be using these for the Orange County Director User Group Meeting.
>You're up in 'Frisco' 49er country right ?

Yessir and I live in the land of the yuppie scum too.  I'll be down
yer way for American McGee's E3 party on the 15th - the 16th.  I
think I owe you beer.  Or a servant girl.  I forget what is customary
in LA but I shall make sure to procure what is considered the norm.

Back to making Director unexpectedly quit every 25 minutes.

--
- Zav
Lost in the translation.