More crash info.

Zav - Alex Zavatone zavpublic at mac.com
Sun May 4 16:52:20 CDT 2003

>   OpenDataBase(myDB, myDBPath,1) -- CREATE DATABASE FROM SCRATCH

The above line instantly crashes Director if Valentina has
(mistakenly or on purpose) not been inited.

Valentina should exit GRACEFULLY from such a condition.

It makes V very hard to learn for the new user.  And problem children
like myself (read: new customers) who learn by playing with the
product spend their time relaunching from crashes and reentering code
instead of learning the correct way to use valentina.

Director allows you to play with the product with minimal painful
repercussions such as data loss crashes.  this was one of our highest
priorities when I worked on the Director and Shockwave teams.  Yes,
it means "child proofing" the product but problems like this present
substantial barriers to entry and use of what has the reputation of
being a fine product.

Sincerely,
- Zav