REALbasic 4.5.3 and error 9 in V4RB Client.

Keith DeLong delong at redcort.com
Sun May 4 15:59:51 CDT 2003

> I can try to do this.
> Actually I have 2 HDDs in my computer.
> And I can easy install OS X on some of volume...
> Yes, probably this is a way to go.
>
>>> Only RB 5.1 produce error 9.
>>
>> This is perplexing. Since I see it in 4.5.3 it cannot be simply the new
>> external compiling in RB 5.1. Since this is the exact same error you see in
>> 4.5.3 I'm betting that if you solve one you will solve the other.
>
> Wait, what error I see in 4.5.3?
> 4.5.3 works fine on my side.

I virgin system SHOULD cause error 9 for you on 4.5.3  :-)

Since there are no errors for me in compiled app, there must be some aspect
of GUSI that is getting initialized in V4RB code run in RB compiled appp
that is not initialized when in the IDE.

What I wonder is if there is something in your development setup that causes
GUSI to be already initialized so it works for you in the IDE as well as
compiled application.

Your log produces:

GUSI inited!  (While mine does not.)
ACE_SOCK_Stream::ACE_SOCK_Stream, mHandle = 3
V4RB:   DataBase_Create...
GUSI::connect, res = 0, SocketHandle = 3

My log produces:

V4RB:   DataBase_Ctor2...
ACE_SOCK_Stream::ACE_SOCK_Stream, mHandle = -1
V4RB:   DataBase_Create...
GUSI::connect, res = -1, SocketHandle = -1
V4RB:   error  9.
V4RB:   DataBase_GetErrNumber...
V4RB:   error  9.

I'm just dancing in the dark,