[ANN] Valentina for REALbasic ready for RB 5 Windows.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri May 2 21:08:13 CDT 2003

Hi Guys,

More and more developers have ask about porting of Valentina for REALbasic
plugin to REALbasic IDE Windows.

Now it works.

You can download V4RB 1.9.7 release in the format of RB 5,
Which can be used with RB 5.1 Windows.

--------------------------------------
MORE INFO:

I have move Example1 of V4RB to Windows.

And with no problems have open it and run it.
Do not forget in "Building Settings" set ON the windows version,
And choose option "Multi-document".

Well done REAL!
Process of conversion was smooth. :-)

----------
P.S. About performance of V4RB on Windows.
    I have not see in this example any noticeable delay on creation of db.
    So I ask guys who have report about this try to compile win app
    by RB IDE MAC and by RB IDE WIN, and compare such apps.

About performance of REALbasic 5.1 on MAC.
    I am not sure yet, but it looks that Example1 of V4RB
    under RB 5.1 have add 100,000 records in about 4 seconds
    on my DUAL/G4. Before I have see time about 10 seconds.
    So, it looks like RB 5.1 is faster of RB 4.5.
    I will check this later once again, but if yes,
    then nice surprise from REAL :-)

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com