[VSRV] Win errors 1004 & 1007

Fred.Stephenson Fred.Stephenson at wanadoo.fr
Fri May 2 14:43:18 CDT 2003

>Ruslan,
>
>Vserver is running on PC with Win98
>Win.exe  compiled with Rb 4.5.2 OSX  using the "single table" example.
>Running on the same machine
>
>On "New" the log shows:
>Accept new connection <312>
><312> Username: sa; Password: sa; Waiting for CreateDatabase<>Š
><312> error: #1007 <operation failed>
>
>On "Open" (database exists because I created if via the mac client)
>Accept new connection <312>
><312> error: #1004 <Invalid database name>
>Client has been suddenly disconnected - closing connection<312>

Further info.

Checking in the Master.vdb showed that Database1 existed at the indicated path.
So I deleted it on the hard drive and tried to recreate it but I got
a message that it already exists - but it only exists in the Master.
This could cause confusion.
Perhaps Vserver should check the path to see if it exists and if not
then allow it to be recreated??

Fred