[OFF] Bad news for MAC ?

Andy Fuchs andy at foxwerk.de
Mon Mar 31 12:10:44 CST 2003

at 31.03.2003 10:27 Uhr, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> It show that new DELL P4/3Mhz is up to 2 times faster of DUAL 1.42.
> Any comments and rumors?

Hi Ruslan,

I wouldn't bother too much with these kind of tests. There are lots of tests
you can do to inverse the result - which of course doesn't give us a better
idea what these test mean in real life...

 Mostly, timing differences of CPU-Power don't really affect the (human)
time needed to do a certain job (except long-time renderings). Much more
important IMHO is the user-experience and intuitive come-out of the
software's implementation (as well as general need of support to get your
system doing what you want ;-)).

 If you compare latency-times of MacOS X and WinXP systems, you'll quickly
see, that MacOSX's audio-implementation is **much** better than on any other
system I know of, but that doesn't mean that the music done with MacOS X is
generally better.... ;-))

-- Andy Fuchs
-- silent movie media
-- mailto:andy at foxwerk.de