[V4MD]RecID of the latest added record

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Mon Mar 31 11:02:43 CST 2003

At 10:34 31.03.2003 +0200, you wrote:
>What I need is to add a new record to a table and inside this table is a
>field that contains a unique record ID (which I need besides the valentina
>RecID) called DSID.
>Now, after adding a new record to the table the field DSID needs to be
>immediately filled with the value of the RecID freshly added record.
>  AddCursor = new ( Xtra "VCursor", GetRef(gMyDataBase), vSQL)
>  AddRecord(AddCursor,[#bearb: txtBearb, #vorname: txtVorname...])

Hi Henning,

when you create the cursor and add a record,
the cursor will be positioned at the new record
and therefore hold its RecID. So you can do the following:

myCursor = new ( Xtra "VCursor", GetRef(gMyDataBase), vSQL)
myCursor.AddRecord([#bearb: txtBearb, #vorname: txtVorname...])
myID = myCursor.GetField("RecID")

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Need music? http://www.selling-sound.com

Like the author? Buy the book at:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3898422194/lingmmugd

Get your daily dose of Lingo at the LingoPark:
http://www.lingopark.com