VServer Questions

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Mar 31 01:21:12 CST 2003

on 3/31/03 1:11 AM, Frank Schima at macsforever2000 at mac.com wrote:

Hi Frank,

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> How does VServer handle the path if there are multiple volumes with the
> same name? I know it seems kind of silly to happen, but it is possible
> on Mac OS X. There are lots of discussions about this issue on the RB
> list. Realsoftware guys say that using a path is bad, they say to use
> file references instead.

For now we use Paths.

Master database still must be polished in many ways.
This is first draft.

> Also, I was looking at the Master database because I plan to improve
> ViSQL to connect to Valentina servers.

Excellent!

> So it needs to know all the
> databases available. I noticed that it had a record for a "test2"
> (something like that) database clearly from your local machine.

Yes, correct.
In fact I have leave this record to be as example for you.
Later it will be removed.

> But that database was not present on my machine. How will VServer handle that?

"File not found" error in worse case.
And only if you will try to connect to database with such name,

> What if someone tries to access a database that does not exist?

I think file not found error.
Well, the same as with local db files.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com