[V4RB] Valentina Logo and Copyright info

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Mar 27 22:44:52 CST 2003

on 3/27/03 8:44 PM, Brendan Murphy at bmurf at comcast.net wrote:

> It is called a "guideline," that should be self explanatory.
>

> The real problem here the requirement to display the
> valentina logo at all! To have to put the logo in my splash
> or about box simply won't fit the style or quality for what
> I am creating for those elements. As an example, consider
> the the Photoshop splash screen. The valentina logo would
> look like like an over grown wart in that environment.

In fact in logo.eps file it seems mentioned that you can modify color style
as you need in your artwork.

I self have spend at least 2 years in DTP area, and believe me,
It is possible always create NICE picture.

You can use transparency, color space, ...

> Putting a copy-write notice is reasonable and doable, but the
> logo requirement is onerous at best! I paid for the
> valentina software for royalty free access, so why should MY
> application be your advertising vehicale. As a valentina
> customer, this pisses me off!

Well, I have see MANY apps, for example BBEdit, that in AboutBox display
scrollable text, which probably show about 100-150 lines of ABOUT TEXT.

Open your mind.
It is always possible put into small are A LOTS of things :-)

> To add insult to injury, you require payment to NOT put the
> logo in.
>
> From the license agreement:
>  (8) Agree that you understand that you may, only through
>  additional license and payment of royalties based on the
>  then current royalty schedule, build and sell commercial,
>  general purpose database applications, or exclude the
>  Valentina Technology logo from applications;
>
> There is no delicate way to put this, but your logo stinks
> as a piece of artwork. If it was half way decent, then I may
> not be as miffed about the logo requirement.
>
> There are other aspects of the licensing agreement that are
> poorly written or act like a stick in the eye of your
> customers. Reconsider your license agreement from the point
> of view of your customers and rewrite it to encourage
> customers to use your product instead of putting in
> "self-serving" requirements.

Can you point more exactly on this "bad things".
We always ready to listen you.

But note, I often get VERY STRICT requests, to make Valentina open source,
for example. They spend tens of lines of text to describe how this is cool,
and what a great idea of open source soft is.
But I know that in nearest years this will not happens. Even if they will
__bomb__ me by such letters.

    By the way:
    :-(  I do not like when somebody bomb others.
    :-(  I do not like when somebody say: We will make peace via WAR.
    :-(  I do not like when somebody say: We will FORCE you to be happy.
    :-(  I do not like when somebody say:
             I will kill you your children, but this is YOUR fault,
             because you do not want __brief__ as I say.

    :-|  And I do not like when somebody DO NOT care what I not like...

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com