[V4RB] Valentina Logo and Copyright info

Lynn Fredricks fci at europa.com
Thu Mar 27 09:07:12 CST 2003

Hi Carsten,

> > In the documentation of V4RB is written that we have to put the
> > Copyright info and the Valentina Logo in the Aboutbox of the
> > application. Now in OS X it is no problem to put the Copyright info
> > inside the Aboutbox. But it is a problem to put the Valentina Logo
> > inside the dialog, because the dialog should be much
> smaller than in
> > OS 9. Here is the chapter of the HIG from Apple:
> >
> <http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/Es>
sentials/AquaHIGuideline
> > s/AHIGWi
> > ndows/chapter_5_section_18.html>.
> >
> > So what should we do?
>
> Lynn,
>
> Can you look on this ?
>
> Actually this wonder me, on modern big monitors dialog is smaller???

This is a problem. First, are there any penalties with not completely
conforming to HIG? Im not trying to avoid your question, just asking
because I know some people have to ship *now* and coming up with a
solution takes time. If we are forced to consider AHIG then we also
should look at what's going on with what MS recommends for Windows,
unless we consider a more global change in how the logo works.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Proactive International, LLC