[VXCMD] 1.9.8b2 uploaded

Ron rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Thu Mar 27 09:34:29 CST 2003

Hi Ruslan

>> I tried using the new VXCMD with the test stack that I sent you and the data
>> that I sent you. I no longer get the 310 error. But now,
>>
>> get Valentina( "Field_SetEncryption", fldRef, "amy" )  --returns empty
>>
>> put  Valentina( "Database_SQLSelectRecords",dbref,thesql) into thetext
>> --returns error 351
>>
>> It still will not open the encrypted fld.
>>
>> Can you use the stack I sent with the data and confirm this?
>
> kFBL_CorruptedVarChar        = 351,
>
> Corrupted VarChar.

Yes, I know what the meaning is, I'm not sure what is causing it.

> This db is created from scratch ?
> If it exists, then it seems you need rebuild db at first.

The db is created from scratch using my test stack and the sample data
(about 2k) each time. It works fine when encryption is not used. In
comparing the data forks of the encrypted with the not encrypted, the
encrypted db seems truncated significantly. So maybe the problem is not with
reading the db but with the initial encrypting.

> I need to check if I have db from you...

I'll resend the stack offlist.

thanks
Ron