FIXED [VXCMD] Cursor_AddRecords Bug Testing Stack

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Mar 24 18:35:10 CST 2003

on 3/24/03 8:14 AM, Ken Ray at kray at sonsothunder.com wrote:

>>> 1) Isn't TAB and CR the *default* options for the Cusor_AddRecords
>>> call if not provided? When I omitted the delimiters and let
>> it use the
>>> default, it was all screwed up. If MetaCard was keeping newlines at
>>> the end of lines, using CR as a delimiter wouldn't work;
>> consequently,
>>> if it was keeping CRs at the end of the lines, I shouldn't need to
>>> specify it...
>>>
>> It sounds to me like there is probably a small bug in the VXCMD
>> parameter-checking.
>> Try passing empty for the parameters instead of no parameter
>> at all- does
>> that help?
>
> Passing "" resulted in the same thing as passing "\t" and "\r".

Okay,

1) you cannot send from MC "\t",
MetaCard do NOT understand this syntax.,

    This is syntax of C++, Java, and others.

2) Secret is that IF you not send parameters, then Valentina on default for
MAC use '\r'.   But as I have found now, MC in fact consider

    CR as \n
    and it return me your strings delimited by \n.

So MetaCard once again have break rules of MacOS.
It always send all in UNIX format.

I have fix VXCMD to follow this.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com