[V4RB] Bug in UPDATE or ImportText or Flush?

Richard Altenburg valentina at brainchild.nl
Sun Mar 23 09:17:22 CST 2003

On 23-03-2003 09:07, "Richard Altenburg" <valentina at brainchild.nl> wrote:

>> vcsImportGroup=New VCursor(ppPiPaBase, "SELECT groupname FROM AvailableGroup
>> WHERE RecID=0")
>>
>> If (vcsImportGroup<>Nil) Then
>>
>>  ppPiPaBase.ppAvailableGroup.Groupname.Indexed=False
>>
>>  vcsImportGroup.ImportText(fdiTemp, " ", (Chr(13)+Chr(10)))
>>
>>  ppPiPaBase.ppAvailableGroup.Groupname.Indexed=True
>>
>>  ppPiPaBase.Flush
>>
>>  rowsAffected=ppPiPaBase.SqlExecute("UPDATE AvailableGroup SET
>> server_recid="+Format(serverIDInPopUpMenu, "############")+" WHERE
>> server_recid=0")
>>
>>  ppPiPaBase.Flush
>>
>>  vcsImportGroup=Nil

Still more tests show that it works better with a news server that has only
2,100 groups, but still when this is the first server I import, it does not
work.

When I have already some 80,000 groups in my database, and then import this
small server, the groupnames show up immediately after import, and also when
I do this some more times.

But when I do a big server, with 40,000 groups, the names do not show up,
but only after I import still another one.

So at the beginning of the table nothing works correctly, but after it gets
filled, things get better.