Weird text compression problem

jda jda at his.com
Sat Mar 22 08:20:20 CST 2003

Ruslan,

My database has a compressed text field that can contain quite a bit
of data. One of my users sent me a rather large database (10 MB) with
a few thousand records that make heavy use of this field. He found
that, suddenly, this field just displayed garbage characters. I
looked at it, and it's true -- it looks like it's the compressed data
being displayed (i.e., not being converted back to MacRoman). What
would cause this (and is there anything I can do to recover the data
at this point)?

Jon