[V4MD] Valentina Xtra 1.9.6 Dies during Authoring

Mathew Ray mathew at iqtv.com
Tue Mar 18 10:03:37 CST 2003

Just curious if others have found this little quirk in director...

When in the director authoring environment, after successfully running the
program, I occasionally have a bug or something in my code that causes
premature termination and ususally an error message of some sort. After this
abnormal termination, and in every subsequent playing of my movie, the
valentina xtra refuses to perform queries. I have debugged it a bit and the
valentina xtra exists, the sql is there, the cursor is even there, but the
database has 0 baseobjects. Then, after saving my movie, quitting director,
and reopening my movie, it works fine until another abnormal termination. If
I just press the stop button, everything continues working.

I have just updated to 1.9.7, so hopefully that will help, but I thought I
would ask to see if anyone else has had such an issue.

Thanks,
Mathew