[V4RB] Cannot make a method work

Richard Altenburg valentina at brainchild.nl
Sun Mar 16 19:58:22 CST 2003

As a very new Valentina-user I feel stupid enough now I cannot make a
BaseObject method get to work.

I have defined my database and tables through classes in my REALbasic
project. I have made a property 'servername' which is of type VString, and
another one 'servername_lower' as VString.

The lower version must have a method 'LOWER(servername)', so that it is
filled with a lowercase version of what is in field 'servername'. That way I
can sort on the servernames and get a result identically to when REALbasci
sorts this names (case-insensitive, that is).

But where ever I put the SetMethod, it just returs a Nil when I try to use
the field 'servername_lower; in a SQL select.

I have removed the database from disk, and put the commands before the
create of it, but with no luck. I have put them in the constructor of the
class of the base object, also no luck.

Where should this stuff be?