Link two db

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Mar 16 10:51:46 CST 2003

on 3/16/03 2:28 AM, Tonio Virgilio LEVRA at levra at yahoo.com wrote:

>>> 6. The list of records found must fill the list of
>>> word key of the categories in the "famous way"
>>> word1[number], etc.
>
> This is the "famous way"
>
> Category1 after a query must be filled like this
>
> -word1 [10 rec found]
> .word2 [2 rec found]
> .word3 [1 rec found]
> .word4 [5 rec found]
> -word801 [7 rec found]
> .word802 [2 rec found]
>
> I've tried to do this in lingo after every query. VERY
> SLOW.

And above list is FOR THE SAME category?
Or it includes all 8 categories?

Consider next way:

* for each category you need built M : M relation

  T 'WORDS'         Table Link              Articles

  word1              w1 - a2                   a1
  word2              w1 - a5                   a2
       ..               ...
  word800

Table Link will be VERY big.
It must have 2 ObjectPtr fields.

Such structure allows you do

    SELECT word, COUNT(*)
    FROM SELECT, Link, Articles
    WHERE ...
    GROUP BY word
    ORDER BY word

As result you will get list which you want

    word1  32
    word2  46

Hope this help.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com